Gmail is one of the most interactive platforms in terms of office as well as unofficial pieces of work. It was not into the scenario a few years back but people use it fully-fledged for their important pieces of work. The contacts that appear in the Gmail can be a little confusing for people for those who are not much into Gmail as well as for those who use Gmail regularly. If you are someone who has trouble understanding Gmail’s contact sharing and the customization of how your contacts should appear, this is the right place for you to be in. this article will clear step by step about how one should customize their contacts that appear in Gmail.
There is a contract directory in Gmail that throws each and everyone you converse with into a section called other contacts. It because very difficult to sort out the important and less important contacts. When you are composing a new mail, the “To” section might or might not recognize the one you want to recognize just by his or her first name. To simplify this, you can edit the contact information in your Gmail.
- The first step is logging into Gmail with your desktop or laptop
- You must see a group mentioned as Google Apps in the top right corner of your screen. Tap on the Google apps and then chose contacts from the pull-down
- Look through all the contact and select the one that you need to edit. Tap on the contact and select the edit contact option. The edit contact usually looks like a pen or a pencil and appears on the right end of the contact
- After choosing edit, you can change the name, email address and other information that you need to set according to you.
- Tap on save to save all the edited information
Note: if you forget to tap on save in the end, no new changes will be saved.
These were the primary steps that you can apply and change the required contact information. It will now be easy for you to enter the recipients in the “to” section while composing a new mail. It might still be confusing for some of you about the editing of the recipients’ names while composing a new mail. Here are the brief steps to do so.
- While composing a new mail, it will require you to put any recipient name. If you want to edit it, double tap on the name.
- As soon as you tap it, there will be a pull-down from which you can select the correct address. If there is no pull-down, simple edit it through your keyboard
- Select enter to send the mail in the right address
If by chance you discover that you sent a mail to the wrong address, there is an option available for the next 5 seconds after you send the mail. Press undo to unsend the mail but you have to act really fast for it. For shared contacts for Gmail you can visit the chrome extension share email contacts for gmail.